Spicy Zespri® Kiwifruit Kerabu Meehon
- 2 Zespri Green Kiwifruit, peeled
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 100 g regular or brown rice meehoon (rice noodles)
- 150 g shelled/de-veined prawns, poached
- ⅓ cup (50 g) dried prawns, fried in oil till crisp
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunga kantan (torch ginger bud), finely sliced
- 1 cup pea shoots
- ½ cup (40 g) finely shredded carrots
- ½ cup mint leaves
Chilli Dressing Ingredients
- 3 red chillies (60 g)
- 10 g roasted shrimp paste
- 3 tablespoon (45 ml) calamansi lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon fish sauce
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Remove seeds from 2 of the chillies and slice. Place chillies, shrimp paste, lime juice and fish sauce in an electric blender/chopper and blend to a fine paste. Set aside.
Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and pour hot water to cover. Set aside for 5-10 minutes or until tender (taste for doneness). Drain well in a colander.
Cut kiwifruit into halves lengthwise and then slice 0.5 cm thick. Set aside, chilled, while you prepare remaining ingredients.
Toast grated coconut over low heat, stirring constantly until crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
Place blanched (warm) noodles in mixing bowl. Add prepared dressing and toss well. Add blanched and dried prawns, shallots, bunga kantan, pea shoots and carrots. Toss gently to combine.
Lastly add prepared kiwifruit and mint leaves. Transfer into serving dish and sprinkle with crumbled toasted coconut. Serve immediately.