Zespri® Kiwifruit & Cherry Tomato Mexican Salsa
- 4 Zespri Green Kiwifruit (preferably not too ripe)
- 1 rounded tablespoon finely diced red capsicum
- 1 rounded tablespoon finely diced yellow capsicum
- 1 rounded tablespoon finely diced onion (optional)
- ½ cup (80 g) red cherry tomatoes, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- 1 – 2 tablespoon coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Peel kiwifruit and using a sharp knife, cut into small, neat cubes (about 0.5cm).
Place in a bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients.
Mix gently and serve with nachos and vegetable ‘chips’ (sliced carrot and cucumber).
Only put in the lime or lemon juice, sugar, salt and ground cumin powder when the salsa is ready to be served.