Zespri® Kiwifruit & Green Chilli Sambal with Salad Platter
- 2 Zespri Green Kiwifruit, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4- 5 (100 g) green chillies, cut into 3 cm lengths
- 10 green bird chillies (10-15 g), kept whole
- 4 shallots (70 g), cut into halves
- 10 g roasted shrimp paste (belacan)
- 3 tablespoon oil
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Juice from 4 calamansi limes (about 2 tablespoon)
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Heat oil in a small pan and add both type of green chillies, shallots and shrimp paste. Cook on medium heat for 3 – 4 minutes or until chillies and shallots are slightly charred around the edges. Add kiwifruit, stir around for a minute and take pan off the heat.
Transfer contents of the pan into an electric chopper/food processor. Add salt and lime juice and pulse until well combined. Taste and if necessary, adjust seasonings. Alternatively, pound cooked mixture in a granite mortar and pestle and when fine, add salt and lime juice.
Serve sambal with a salad and herb platter (ulam) and if liked, grilled or fried fish.