Zespri® Kiwifruit Pastries with Yoghurt Cream
- 1 cup Zespri Kiwifruit jam (see Natural Zespri Kiwifruit Jam recipe)
- 3 Zespri Gold or Green Kiwifruit (peeled, halved lengthwise & sliced)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar – optional
- Sprigs of fresh mint
Crispy Spring Roll Wrapper Ingredients
- 8 sheets spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
Yoghurt Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 200 ml cold whipping cream
- 150 ml natural plain yoghurt (strained)
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Separate spring roll wrappers into doubles (ie 2 sheets stuck together). Using a sharp knife, cut each double sheet into 6 rectangles or 9 squares.
Line baking tray with non-stick parchment paper and arrange spring roll sheets neatly. Brush both sides lightly with melted butter and bake in preheated oven (190 C) for 15 – 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
When done, cool and store in airtight container. (This can be made 1 – 2 days ahead.)
Stir whipping cream and yoghurt together in a small bowl until well mixed-mixture will thicken. Cover and chill until ready to use (it can be made several hours ahead).
To assemble, place spring roll sheet on serving plate and spread with thin layer of kiwifruit jam. Top with yoghurt cream, layer with spring roll sheet. Repeat to make 2 layers. Garnish with kiwifruit slices, mint spring. Dust pastry lightly with icing sugar if wishes. Serve immediately.