Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit Breakfast Fried Rice
- 150 g boneless chicken, cut into fine strips
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 large, ripe SunGold kiwifruit, peeled and cut into
1 cm cubes
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
Salad & herb garnish
- 2 large, ripe SunGold kiwifruit, peeled and cut into
1 cm cubes
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into fine strips
- 1 large or 2 small torch ginger (kantan) buds, finely sliced
- Fresh herbs such as mint, Thai basil, daun kaduk, pegaga, etc.
Developed exclusively for Zespri by popular Malaysian chef Rohani Jelani
Marinade chicken strips with turmeric and salt and set aside 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a wok and fry chopped garlic and ginger until golden brown.
Add chicken and stir-fry on high heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Sprinkle in curry powder and fry for another 2 minutes before adding cooked rice.
Stir-fry until rice is heated through, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
Lastly, add cubed SunGold kiwifruit and stir-through for a minute or two.
Dish out and serve garnished with cubed SunGold kiwi fruit, cucumber strips, sliced torch ginger and fresh herbs. Serve immediately.bowls and top with coriander sprigs. Serve immediately.